Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Kodiak Gearslinger


For the last few months I have been toting around the Kodiak Gearslinger as an EDC bag. It is lightweight, durable, and has well designed pockets. Personally I have to give it a 4 out of 5 reloads. Yes I just created a new rating system.
The reason why has nothing to do with the quality of the gearslinger, which I find to be very high, but with the ergonomics of the one shoulder strap design. I have found that with considerable weight it will want to slump off your shoulder and swing down. Maxpedition's answer to this problem is a secondary strap that crosses you chest to buckle into the main strap. I have found this to be fairly inadequate when carrying a lot of weight. This seems to be a common theme with me as I am used to carrying a lot of weight and usually demand more from things I buy than they are designed for. I also found that drawing a firearm from the provided concealed carry pouch is not easy if you have cinched up the strap to have it ride high on your back.
What I like about the Kodiak Gearslinger is it's high quality construction and well laid out pockets for when you slide it around to your belly. I would highly recommend it for anyone who wants to carry a light or moderate load and doesn't want to have a man purse style EDC bag. I also found that an AK47 Draco pistol fits perfectly inside the main part of the bag. You may want to consider the Kodiak Gearslinger for a truck bag that you could pull an SBR out of, if it had a folding stock.
Due to the way it is setup I imagine the purpose of the Kodiak Gearslinger is intended more for paperwork and EDC items that you might want to carry around. This would be a great bag for a student or someone in an industry that doesn't need the ultra-professional look.

No comments:

Post a Comment