Sunday, September 18, 2011

Frog Lube



I came across Frog Lube when I was searching the internet. I read a little about it and thought I would give it a try. Without much thought I threw in on a couple of my firearms that I use often and started to see an immediate difference on the ease of cleaning the weapons as well as the operation seemingly smooth out a little. I also started cleaning my knives and anything else metal that I could find including a squeaky door hinge. I started to recommend the product to my friends after that.
Frog lube was developed by former Navy SEAL Capt. Larry Lasky. He developed the product because of the need that he saw in the SEALs community for a better protectant and lube. The product is currently being used by the SEALs in the field. Having a product field tested by the SEALs means a lot to me by itself, but there is also a number of people who already have glowing reviews of the product as well. I think this product will revolutionize the way we think about cleaning firearms.
One of my favorite things about Frog Lube is that it is a “green” product, made from vegetable matter. Even if you are not on a green kick I think that you will appreciate the fact that it is safe to handle even if it got into your eyes. It also smells like wintergreen gum to boot.
Frog lube comes in a paste form and a liquid form. I recommend a lot of the paste and a little of the liquid. To apply the frog lube you need to either heat up the paste or use a hair dryer or something similar to heat up the metal. It doesn’t have to be much, and it can be applied without heat if needed. After that just brush on the product, or wipe it on with hands or cloth. then remove the excess in a few minutes. The reason I recommend a small amount of liquid is that I only use it to wet the patches for cleaning my bore.
Frog Lube MSDS sheet
I also recommend that you give Frog Lube a try on other things besides firearms including your magazines inside and out. Also give it a try on you concealed carry pieces as it is great to prevent rust and can keep the life of your leather holster vibrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment